$3 Billion Railway Line Cuts Addis Ababa To Djibouti Trip From 10 Days To 10 Hours

Ethiopia opens a multibillion-dollar railway line this Wednesday. The 750-kilometre track links the capital Addis Ababa with the port of Djibouti. The project took four years to complete and has cost more than three billion dollars. 70 per cent of the money came from a loan from Chinese banks, while the remaining 30 per cent was covered by the Ethiopian government. The trip between Addis Ababa and the port of Djibouti used to take 10 days, but the railway line cuts that to 10 hours.