Are you at the early stage of a career in the academia, communications or policy? Do you want to learn the skills necessary to take you miles ahead of your colleagues? An African Liberty internship might be right for you.
African Liberty is looking for enthusiastic young Africans seeking a challenging position to advance freedom. As our audience and programs are expanding, we are in need of talented individuals who are interested in joining our editorial and communications team.
Our internship positions are currently unpaid and are remote (you’ll work from home and must have access to a computer and the internet).
Who should apply
- Young professional with the view of a career in media, non-profit, policy or academia
- Recent graduate or current student in an African institution of higher learning
- Enthusiast of the classical liberal/libertarian philosophy
- Excellent speaker of the English language (fluency in Swahili is a plus but not necessary)
What you’ll do
- Assist in daily editorial and communications work
- Track website traffic and other relevant data to improve audience engagement
- Publish the weekly AL Newsletter
- Work with AL’s Senior Fellows and ALW Fellows to achieve their editorial and communications goals
What you’ll learn
- How to build a successful media outlet for profit or not for profit
- Advanced editorial and communications skills
- How to promote a free and prosperous African society through the media
How to apply
Send an email with the title ‘AL Internship’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, attach with your email:
- Why an AL internship is right for you (not more than three sentences)
- What you hope to achieve at the end of the internship (not more than three sentences)
- What freedom means to you (not more than three sentences)
- A resume (not more than two pages)
- Links to your published works (if any)
- A two paragraph bio
- A current headshot
African Liberty internships last for 5 months (or scheduled to the intern’s convenience and progress). Admission is on a rolling basis.
We are only accepting interns through the Fellowship Program for the year 2020.